We adapt the curriculum and learning environment for pupils with SEN:
When giving details of the broad and balanced curriculum in each year group include details of how specifically the curriculum and the learning environment are adapted or made accessible for pupils with SEN e.g.
- Quality First Teaching , accessing a broad and balanced curriculum where barriers to inclusion are removed.
- Specific group work with intensive support in fine and gross motor skills, language acquisition, basic Maths & English targeted interventions.
- Specialist group support from outside agencies e.g. Speech and Language Therapy and Occupational Health
- Specific individual support for children whose learning needs are severe, complex and lifelong and what this means for your child e.g. Dyslexia, Dyspraxia Support.
- Range of teaching and learning styles;
- An innovative and supportive curriculum;
- Mentoring and Counselling;
- A broad range of extra-curricular activities, including Homework Club and After-School Clubs.
- Differentiated materials.
We recognise that pupils at school with medical conditions are properly supported so that they have full access to education, including school trips and physical education. Some children with a medical condition may be disabled therefore we comply with its duties under the Equality Act 2019.
You can find details of how we adapt the curriculum and make it more accessible for pupils with SEN below:
- The child’s progress will be reviewed each term. This will be in the form of observations, assessments and conversations with all relevant members of staff alongside scrutiny of work.
- If a child has an Education Health and Care Plan this will be reviewed by the authority every 12 months.
- Progress is measured against the new curriculum on a termly basis. Children and parents are informed as to whether attainment and progress are below, at or above age-related expectations.
More details on how we adapt information, our environment and curriculum can be found in the Accessibility Plan which you ca find in the School Policies section of our website.