Ramshaw Primary School now subscribe to picture-news.co.uk to help provide an effective delivery of SMSC, including British values and Prevent. It also supports PSHE and Citizenship.
Picture News offers topical issues for pupils to discuss and debate. British values are lived and experienced during the debate and through the vote process.
Picture News support the following Ofsted and Independent Schools Inspectorate outcomes:
Effectiveness of Leadership & Management
- Provide learning programmes or a curriculum that have suitable breadth, depth and relevance so that they meet any relevant statutory requirements, as well as the needs and interests of children, learners and employers, nationally and in the local community
- Actively promote equality and diversity, tackle bullying and discrimination and narrow any gaps in achievement between different groups of children and learners
- Actively promote British values
Make sure that safeguarding arrangements to protect children, young people and learners meet all statutory and other government requirements, promote their welfare and prevent radicalisation and extremism.
Quality of teaching, learning & assessment
- Equality of opportunity and recognition of diversity are promoted through teaching and learning
Where relevant, English, mathematics and other skills necessary to
function as an economically active member of British society and globally
are promoted through teaching and learning.
Personal development, behaviour and welfare
- Understanding of how to keep themselves safe from relevant risks such as abuse, sexual exploitation and extremism, including when using the internet and social media
Personal development, so that they are well prepared to respect others
and contribute to wider society and life in Britain.
Picture News provides effective delivery of SMSC (including British values) and Prevent. It supports PSHE and Citizenship. Debating a weekly topic provides the opportunity for discussion of topical,
sometimes controversial, issues. It allows pupils to live and experience British values in an engaging way.
You can view or download further information about the criteria and overarching concepts by clicking the link below or visit the Picture News website.
You may need a product like Adobe Reader (free download) to view our PDF documents on our website.